U.K. Subs play The Country Club in Reseda, Los Angeles USA
Charlie Harper - vocals
Nicky Garratt - guitar
Alvin Gibbs - bass
Mal Asling - drums
TWENTY-SEVENTH DATE OF THE MARCH/APRIL
USA/CANADIAN 1982 TOUR
Press release from band management, Wartoke Concern, about tour and San Francisco date HERE
- Below: Ticket from this gig from the collection of Lance Murchison
Click image to enlarge. Cheers Lance!
- Below: Photo from this gig from the collection of Alvin Gibbs. Click to enlarge
- Above: Tour Itinerary cover. Click to enlarge.
- Above: Tour Itinerary inside cover. Click to enlarge.
- Above: Nicky Garratt: "The Subs a few days before the 1982 tour with the Anti-Nowhere League with new drummer Mal Asling (AKA Sol Mintz)." Click to enlarge.
- Above: Nicky Garratt: "Left to right Mal Asling (UKS), Winston (ANL), Magoo (ANL), Charlie (UKS), Animal (ANL) During the 1982 USA tour, most likely at an airport."
- Above: From the 1982 USA tour with the Anti-Nowhere League. Waiting on the train platform, unknown location. Front is Charlie Harper, the girl with red hair is Katie (now Asling as she married Mal Asling the then Subs drummer). She worked for FBI booking at the time. The next four left to right are Nicky Garratt, Alvin Gibbs, Lenny Fico (tour manager - giving finger) and Dennis Sheenan (ANL tour manager). The man with the arm in the air is Kevin Harvey (sound), against the blue pole is J.J. (ANL drummer). Behind Lenny also giving the finger is Winston (ANL bass) and to his right is Chutch, the Subs roadie. Turning away behind Winston is Magoo (ANL guitar) and in the red jacket is Animal (ANL vocal). Image description by Nicky Garratt. Click image to enlarge.
- Above:Dave Davis - Backline roadie (with Chutch), on the 1982 US tour with the Anti-Nowhere League. From the collection of Nicky Garratt. Click image to enlarge.
- Above: U.K. Subs Fan Club newsletter. Circa February 1982.
Announcing the new drummer Sol Mintz/Mal Asling, and with initial tour dates which would change. Click to enlarge.
Please contact us if you can provide this website with any of the following:
- Your personal review of the show
- Photos from this gig
- A scan of the poster for this gig
- A scan of the ticket for this gig
- This gig's set list
- Any newspaper/fanzine preview or review