Exclusive to Time & Matter website:
The Time & Matter website editors are exceedingly proud to be able to present the music archive of Pete Davies, who has had several stints on the Subs drum stool, including when the band were at their most commercially successful.
The web editors are currently scanning Pete's collection, which will also include his non-Subs musical involvements.
We would like to thank Pete for allowing us access to some real Subs gems, including the band's original GEM Records contract as well as a priceless scrapbook, which was compiled by his father from 1978 to 1980.
We are therefore absolutely delighted that Pete's archive will be housed by us.
Major updates will be noted on the homepage, but keep checking this section...
The Pete Davies Archive - Listing
- Box 1: Calendars & diaries
01) 1979 Red, Hardback ‘Appointments’ Diary (130mm w x 210mm h)
02) 1980 ‘Gardeners Diary’ Calendar, ring bound top edge (210mm w x 300m h)
03) 1980 ‘Palace Theatre’ Diary, ring bound spine (230mm w x 115mm h)
04) 1980 Address Book, dated 25/07/80 (80mm w x 155mm h)
05) 1984 ‘Dunn & Co’ Calendar, ring bound top edge (115mm w x 410mm h)
06) 1991 ‘Cats’ Calendar, ring bound top edge (110mm w x 410mm h)
07) 1992 ‘National Tyres’ Calendar, ring bound top edge (110mm w x 440mm h)
08) 1993 ‘Green Diary’ Diary, Hardback (85mm w x 175mm h)
09) 1994 ‘Nera Agenda’ Diary, Paperback (100mm w x 130mm h)
10) 1994 ‘Fireside Friends’ Calendar, ring bound top edge (115mm w x 350mm h)
11) 1995 ‘Year Planner & Diary’, paperback in plastic cover (100mm w x 210mm h)
12) 1995 ‘Puppies & Kittens’ Calendar, ring bound top edge (110mm w x 415mm h)
13) 1996 ‘Puppies & Kittens’ Calendar, ring bound top edge (110mm w x 410mm h)
14) 1996 Hardback ‘Scribbling Diary’ (115mm w x 210mm h)
Pink card folder ‘19th September 1994 - Stellarium’ with B&W photos and ephemeraEnvelope 1 (Brown):
(Wikipedia - A Stellarium is a three-dimensional map of the stars, typically centred on Earth. They are common fixtures at planetariums.)
U.K. Subs GEM Records Contract (dated 16 May 1979):
17 page main contract, 2 page First Schedule and 8 page Second Schedule
Misc items (details to follow...)Envelope 2 (Clear):
1990’s various (details to follow...)
Posters (details to follow...)
- Mr Davies Senior Scrapbook:
(See cover photo below)
Various press cuttings 1978 to 1980, 340mm w x 265mm h
1) Studio Tape; Kingsway Demos, 3 tracks
2) Pete Davies homemade compilation (AGFA 90)
This includes never before released U.K. Subs rehearsals from 1980. This will hopefully be released on a future T&M CD.
3) Peel Sessions (BASF 90) Labelled as ‘The Muppet Show’
Including the Subs' first Peel session taped at the time by Pete, including John Peel's song intros, thoughts and info on the Subs etc
Various tour itineraries
1995 tour schedule (Faxed on 14/02/95)
Non-Subs (Rhubarb Tarts, Tearjerkers etc…)
To view Pete's music archive,
select the section you want from the below:
Pete Davies Drum Tuition
Pete's tuition classes are mostly carried out at various schools in the Norfolk area. However, he does have some time available to take on some more private pupils at his studio.
Pete teaches all abilities, all ages, snare drum rudiments, and all styles.
Tuition duration can be 1/2 hour, 3/4 hour or 1 hour lessons to suit.
If you live in or are near to the Waveney Valley area (not far from Harleston, Norfolk) then please email Pete
) for further details.